Thursday, September 15, 2011

Late Night Painting

So I realized, far too late in the evening, that I wanted to do a painting for a friend of mine!

I am the definition of an amateur, being self-taught, and having only painted about 5 times previously... I find that this sort of endeavor usually takes me about 4 hours, which was convenient, considering I have been sick and needed to be in bed in precisely 1 hour and 45 minutes.

The beginning was the rough stretch. Desperation led to desperate measures, and I laughed as I whipped out my hair dryer to quicken the drying of the first couple coats!

Nevertheless, with burning eyes and an exceedingly sore back, I completed in the nick of time! ... 2 am. Dang it. Oh well. I recon this cold can last me another couple of days! [not really- be gone you evil tormentor of darkness! Grant me back that which I was given at birth- the ability to BREATHE!] ... moving on.

I forgot to take pictures until I was about half-way through, but here's the step-by-step process!









2 comments:

  1. Ah! LOVELY!
    And yes, your cold is on the way OUT. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kelli! That is really good! How talented you are!

    ReplyDelete